Hello Beauties! This is my Fabulous Confabulation with my guidance counselor, Mrs. Stout! In this chat, she talks about how important it is to build a relationship with your guidance counselor. Beauties don’t be afraid to ask your guidance counselor questions. They are there to help you!! 😉
Here are some basic questions to help get your conversation started with your guidance counselor:
1. What courses do I need to take to be ready for college?
2. How should I plan my schedule so I’ll complete them?
3. Which elective courses do you recommend?
4. Which AP courses should I consider taking?
5. When is the PSAT/NMSQT going to be given?
6. How should I study for the SAT, and is it given at this high school or do I need to go somewhere nearby?
7. Do you have any college planning sessions scheduled?
8. Do you have college handbooks or other guides that I can browse or borrow?
9. What activities can I do at home and over the summer to get ready for college?
10. What kinds of grades do different colleges require?
11. Are there any college fairs at this school, or nearby?
12. What colleges do other kids from our school go to?
13. What are the requirements or standards for the honor society?
14. Can you put me in touch with recent grads who are going to the colleges on my wish list?
15. Do you have any information to help me start exploring careers?
16. If my colleges need a recommendation from you, how can I help you know me better, so it can be more personal?
17. Are there any special scholarships or awards that I should know about now, so I can work toward them?
18. Can I see my transcript as it stands now, to see if everything is as I think it should be?
19. What forms do I use to apply for financial aid and where I can find them online?
20. How does our school compare to others, in terms of test scores and reputation?
I hope this video was informative and you all learned something new, I know I did!!
#girlswithbeautyandbrains #girlswithbeauty #girlswithbrains #fabulousconfabulation #school #guidence #counselor